Find yourself being overly self-critical?
Not feeling quite good enough?
Ready to decrease stress and stop giving yourself such a hard time?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, why not join us for the Distance Learning 8-Week Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Course!
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an empirically-supported 8-week course designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion. MSC combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion to enhance our capacity for emotional wellbeing. The course was developed through the clinical expertise of Dr Chris Germer and Dr Kristin Neff, a pioneering researcher in the field of self-compassion.
How Does the 8-Week MSC Course Work?
The 8-Week MSC Course is outlined on the following page. However as a guide, each week for 8 weeks there will be a 2 3/4 hours face-to-face session as well as a 4-hour retreat between weeks 5 and 6.
The weekly face-to-face sessions will have a different theme each week as outlined below.
Over the 8 weeks you will receive -
- Articles and research,
- Access to the Online Learning Hub,
- 7 Meditations,
- Secret What's App group, and
- Support from Jane in the online community.
What Are the Benefits of the 8-Week MSC Course?
There are many benefits to joining the 8-Week MBSR Course including -
- Personal Growth and (Un)Learning - as you participate and engage in the MBSR Course on a regular basis, you will discover additional confidence and evolve as a person. Meeting with a group of like-minded people can bring a tremendous amount of personal and professional growth.,
- Practice, Practice, Practice - the key to life is paying attention and being present. Yes, this can be challenging. On the surface, it can appear easier to bolt and run away (don't worry I have done that many, many times), however in the long run it doesn't work. This is why we are going to continually practice coming back to focus on yourself and your needs each week.,
- Focus - no longer will you feel like you are trying to do it all by yourself! In the 8-week MSC Course you will be reminded each week to take time to focus on what matters to you. You will find yourself more inspired to take action when you have a support system cheering you on.,
- Energy and Flow - there may be days (or weeks) in your profession or business when you do not have very much energy. However, when you are aligned with your own heart and soul and other people something happens and life starts to flow with ease and grace, and
- Encouragement and Support - you will have encouragement from other 8-Week MSC participants. When was the last time someone gave you genuine support and celebrated your successes? In 8-Week MSC Course, we want to share your experiences and learn with you!
Who is the 8-Week MSC Course for?
Mindful self-compassion training is useful for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds, ages, interests and levels of well-being. People self-refer or sometimes are referred by their doctors or psychologists because of physical and emotional stressors in their lives. Many enrol because, although they are feeling well physically, they say the pace of their lives is "out of control" or they are "just not feeling quite right" and want more ease and peace.
Mindful self-compassion can enhance learning, intrinsic motivation, confidence, concentration, creativity and resilience.
For professionals, it can help with personal accountability, taking greater responsibility for past mistakes, a disposition to apologise and greater conscientiousness.
For people interested in their health - self-compassion has been linked to healthier behaviours (i.e. more exercise, safer sex and less alcohol use) as well as healthier body image and eating behaviour (e.g. less body pre-occupation and body shame; fewer weight worries and more intuitive eating).
Self-Compassion has also been linked to less burnout and "compassion" fatigue for caregivers, increased wellbeing for parents of autistic children, more caring and supportive relationships, more forgiveness and perspective taking in relationships as well as more compassion, empathy and altruism for others.
Ready to Join?
Great - just click on the pay now button and pay the $550 for the course.
It will be wonderful to have you join us for the 8 weeks.